Thursday, February 25, 2010

PEACE SIGN JEWELRY





I've been working on some peace sign jewelry. A while back I had made a pair of earrings and wanted to continue experimenting with wire to create pendants and also more stamped disc designs. This is the result of those attempts. I personally like a rather "rough" look to some designs, and this is one of those times. I am still a novice in my soldering skills, but I think it works okay with these pieces.

The discs are soldered copper on brass with the peace sign on the copper. I added patina to bring out the design and I think I will make earrings with these pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the copper. I'm glad the peace sign is coming back. Have you seen http://copperwirejewelers.ning.com ? You might like it.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lois! And I'll check out the web site.

    ReplyDelete