Saturday, March 3, 2012

Creations in Sterling Silver

It's been a while since I have posted, but I HAVE been creating and doing more in sterling silver. I was always a little apprehensive to use my sterling silver wire because I was worried I'd waste it, but with the addition of the metalsmithing classes, my confidence has grown. Fortunately, not too much wire has been wasted and I have found ways to use the bits and pieces. Time is a great teacher in all things! I thought I would post the pictures of some of my recent designs in silver. I have been using a lot of Argentium s.s. - it is tarnish resistant and has beautiful shine. And, you can use Argentium for fusing! A big plus if you don't want to mess with solder. I have been very happy with the results and am still learning to use this wire. But if you like and want to add patina for a more antiqued look, then stick with sterling silver wire. Most, if not all, of the pictured items are listed on my Artfire site. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for following! Have a wonderful 2012! Anita











No comments:

Post a Comment