Friday, April 16, 2010

NEW CREATIONS IN COPPER/TRAVELING WITH WIRE


I finished these copper pieces this week.  All of the wire work is completely handmade, and the beautiful lampwork bead swirled with colors is by my friend, Jeanne. 

I did some of the wirework while I was at my daughte's home following the birth of  her baby, Summer Abigail.  One thing about wire is that it is very transportable and easy to work on without taking up a lot of space, especially in someone else's home!  I tried some new things with the wire and it gave me a stash to create with when I returned home.  I took 16, 18, 20 and 24 g. wire, tools for cutting and wrapping and mandrels to make jumprings.  It all fit in a small 8x11x2"  box. 

I hope to get these new pieces posted on Artfire this week!  Thanks for looking.  Blessings,  Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment