Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A WEEK IN METALSMITHING

I loved my daughter's layered metal cross pendant (previous post) so much that I decided to make more for my Artfire store.  In my search for patterns that I thought would look good cut into metal, I found a "fire/flame" pattern that I loved.  I like the way the flames bend and curve and come out looking somewhat like a hand.  I tried different textures on the crosses and went with something simple on the flames to give them added interest.  I also played with different types of bales to see what worked for me and was visibly pleasing.  I think they all work and would appeal to your personal style.  I used copper and sterling silver filled sheet to complete the projects.  Argentium silver is used for one of the bails.  I plan to add chain or leather cord to complete them.  




Everything didn't go smoothly and I had some re-dos, but overall, I was pretty happy with what I accomplished on my own.  Next - I am thinking of a wire heart I'd like to try.  Maybe today! 

Have a great week.  Blessings, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment