Tuesday, October 23, 2012

METALSMITHING PROJECTS ON MY OWN!

It's been a good while since I  posted on my  blog!!  I have been keeping busy and trying some new things based on the classes I took at the Appalachian Rock Shop.  Sooner or later, when we learn something new, we have to go it alone!!  I am posting pictures of some things I created after finishing up my summer classes.  One of the items, a beautiful labrodorite cabochon that I put into a sterling silver pendant, sold within days of posting it on Facebook.  I was so excited that I managed to create it without any major issues and more excited that someone loved it as much as I did.




 

Most recently, I have been working on Lotus Pendants.  A client requested a jewelry item that was meditation related and I did some searches, coming up the lotus flower and of course, crystals.  So I went to work, sawing, sanding, polishing, wire wrapping, soldering, and breaking lots of saw blades along the way.  I used copper and sterling - plain, hammered, layered - and these are the pendants I ended up with.  Hope you like them.  I have a show this weekend, but hope to get them listed on Artfire next week.

 
 

 


 



 



 


 
  

6 comments:

  1. This work is unique and very beautiful. I wish more people would give you feedback on here. Love
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne. I think I need to post more often. I am sure all the artists out there are hard pressed to keep up with it all! I am! Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Pinterest, Flicker, Google, where does it all end?! :) I guess it comes down to picking a social outlet that gets noticed the most!

      Delete
  2. What are the names of the stones that you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one on top is labradorite. The others are crystal and amethyst points and the faceted ones are Swarovski crystals. Thank you for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one on top is labradorite. The others are crystal and amethyst points and the faceted ones are Swarovski crystals. Thank you for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it time to update your blog??????????

    ReplyDelete