Saturday, March 24, 2012

More Silverware and Gemstone Bracelets!

I am doing an event tomorrow, "Creativity for a Cause", at Casal Aveda Institute in Youngstown, OH.  It's from 12 - 4 p.m. - if you are from the area, stop by!  I wanted to make some more of the silverware bracelets, so now have five total.  Two are in my previous post, and these are the three I just completed.  I want to see if there is an interest in this  type of  art jewelry.  Each bracelet has a different gemstone.  The ones pictured here are with Pink Aventurine, Blue Goldstone, and Turquoise.  I think they have a Victorian or antique appeal.  If my clients like them, I'd like to find a variety of silverware pieces, perhaps even odd lots of sterling silver forks and spoons.  They can also be made into rings. 



It is a process to make the bracelets, from cutting and drilling, to annealing and forming/bending, and adding embellishments.  The hardest part for me is the process of bending them.  Since these are silver plated pieces, the metal is not as forgiving as sterling silver may be.  I hope you enjoyed the post.  I'd love to hear from you!  Blessings, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment